User Experience Design
Don’t start your next project in the dark. Our User Experience Design (UXD) service combines data and user insight to ensure decisions are based on facts and user needs, leading to a well-crafted digital experience.
Why OPIN for User Experience Design?
Diagnose Existing Problems
Our team conducts rigorous usability, first click and tree testing, to fully diagnose issues with the existing site to understand the pain points users have. This is our starting point for creating a data-driven, world-class user experience.
Understand Your Audience
OPIN will develop an in-depth understanding of your audience and the challenges they face. By segmenting users and collecting data from surveys, interviews, task analysis, and card sorting, we gain a holistic view of the user journey.
A Winning Content Strategy
We assess the different groups that sit within your audience and how that affects the type of content that they are going to be prepared to consume. We help integrate content, clarify labels and text, and arrange content to improve the user experience.
OPIN User Experience
Engage your audience like never before
With OPIN, you get a better understanding of your audience and the challenges that have led them to you in the first place.
As findings are uncovered and problems are solved, our User Experience Professionals will contribute documentation to your internal Knowledge Center, helping build a collection of resources, including tips and tricks, how-tos, and best practices.
Create more impactful digital experiences
Our team of User Experience Professionals (UXP) obtains valuable user insights using a variety of best practices, methods, and techniques. The methods performed will depend on the type of site, system or app you are developing, your timeline, and your environment.
We regularly employ the following methods to guide our projects:
- Card Sorting
- Allows users to group your site’s information. This helps ensure that the site structure matches the way users think.
- First Click Testing
- A testing method focused on navigation, which can be performed on a functioning website, a prototype, or a wireframe.
- Individual Interviews
- One-on-one discussions with users show you how a particular user works. They enable you to get detailed information about a user's attitudes, desires, and experiences.
- User Segments
- The creation of a representative user based on available data and user interviews. Though the personal details of the user segment may be fiction, the information used to create the user type is not.
- Allows the design team to explore ideas before implementing them by creating a mock-up of the site. A prototype can range from a paper mock-up to interactive HTML pages.
- A series of questions asked to multiple users of your website, help you learn about the people who visit your site and their experience.
- Task Analysis
- Involves learning about user goals, including what users want to do on your website, and helps you understand the tasks that users will perform on your site.
- Tree Testing
- A technique of evaluating the findability of topics in a website. Treejack helps you prove your site structure will work before you get into interface design.
- Usability Testing
- Identifies user frustrations and problems with your site through one-on-one sessions where a "real-life" user performs tasks on your site.
OPIN recommends that throughout the lifespan of a product, the digital experience is continuously evaluated. User observation and data analysis of live product usage enable us to provide recommendations to ensure your users are having the best possible experience.