Product Owner - Ottawa
We’re looking for an experienced product owner who is eager to collaborate with a team of talented individuals to bring our clients’ visions to reality.
OPIN is Canada’s fastest-growing digital agency. Since 2011, we have specialized in planning, deploying, and supporting ambitious open source digital projects in some of North America’s largest organizations.
At OPIN, we foster an environment where employees can thrive. Our culture promotes an obsession with learning, so we look for people who challenge the status quo and encourage the development of new ideas that propel the agency forward. By encouraging this commitment to problem-solving and a lifestyle of learning in everyone at OPIN, we empower and enable you to advance in your professional career.
Before you apply, find out what life is like at OPIN!
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with some of the highest-profile clients in Canada to understand and define their product vision
- Collaborate with developers and designers in a scrum-focused, agile environment
- Develop epics, user stories, and acceptance criteria to drive the product vision
- Manage product and sprint backlogs while providing visibility to stakeholders on progress and timelines
- Take a leadership role alongside the project manager to motivate and advise your development team
- Ensure internal readiness for deployment to production while managing product risks
- BS or BA degree preferred, equivalent experience considered
- Management or project lead experience
- Scrum Product Owner certification and experience working in an Agile environment are strong assets
- Proven ability to influence and lead high-performing teams
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong documentation skills to articulate requirements, risks, and vision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing client needs
- Located in or willing to relocate to the Ottawa region
- Junior Product Owner (0 - 3 years of relevant experience) from $53,400 to $78,400 CAD
- Intermediate Product Owner (3 - 5 years of relevant experience) from $58,300 to $85,700 CAD
- Senior Product Owner (5+ years of relevant experience) from $61,000 to $89,600 CAD
- Complete medical, dental, and vision benefits through Sunlife
- Healthy-living subsidy for gym or sport memberships
- Parking or public-transit subsidy
- Professional development budget for conferences, books, and learning materials
- Latest Apple gear, including laptop, Thunderbolt display, and iPhone.
If you think you can bring value to our growing team and are ready for new challenges, please apply today.