A user-centric approach was the core aspect of this project. It was imperative we assisted in connecting citizens with their government, allowing services to be directly available to each individual such as:
- A fully responsive solution that works seamlessly for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices
- Intense and effective sitewide search capabilities
- User-focused content, structure, and navigation
- Dynamic content focused on analytics
- Ease of use for all site editors independent of their level of technology understanding
- Effective SEO tools
- Better user experience for both internal editors and public users
- Use leading-edge technology with consideration for seamless future upgrades
From a user experience point-of-view, the solution includes streamlined navigation, a consistent ability to obtain information in three clicks or less, and a feedback button on every page to assist with identifying new content and functionality requests. The topic-based format means that information is no longer centred on departments but is now focused on user requests. For internal editors, the simple, intuitive interface allows for easy updating and page generation.
Using the established foundations for technical and knowledge-sharing solutions, the internal team is empowered to expand and enhance the platform. The relationship between OPIN and the government team continues as we work together to provide additional functionality and upgrades to the portal, helping them continue to modernize and transform their services delivery.